Nokia Asha 501 Free Insurance Consumer Promotion – T&Cs
|1. Free Insurance bundled with NOKIA ASHA 501, for promotional period.
2. Any consumer buying a Nokia Asha 501 during the promotional period gets one year free insurance pre-activated for a period of 1 year (from the date of invoice).
3. Promotional period – 1st Oct to 15th Nov 2013, or till stocks last, whichever is earlier and unless extended by the company.
4. Free insurance is pre-activated. Consumer does not need to take any physical document at retail.
5. The Insurance to the consumer shall be provided by New India Assurance Company Limited & will be administered by Universal Insurance Brokers Services Private Limited ( UIBSPL).
6. All insurance issues between the consumer shall be managed by UIBSPL.
7. Any customer will be eligible to take a claim only if, purchase date is in between promotion period and no additional document to be handed over to customers at retail.
8. For all details regarding the insurance offer, consumer needs to go to http://mpp.universalinsurance.co.in/asha501.aspx
9. Webpage to allow end purchasers to see policy terms and condition and to verify/check IMEI which falls under promotional scheme. Consumer needs to verify the same by putting in their primary IMEI number (IMEI 1) corresponding to the device.
10. To claim the insurance, consumer needs to call 022 – 4910 7910. Or send an SMS as “UIBSUPPORT (space) MPP (space) <mobile number> (on which customer wish to get reply from UIB) on 56767 e.g. UIBSUPPORT MPP 1234567890.
11. Risks covered in this insurance:
a. Theft and Burglary, Including Housebreaking
b. Theft During Riot, Strike and Malicious Act
c. Stolen from a Locked / Unattended, Building / Room / Vehicle
d. Threat to Use Violence
e. Damage to the Exterior or Interior, Components, Result of External Impact /Deliberate action of a Third Party
f. Fails to Work because Fluid has entered in its Internal Circuitry
g. Suffers accidental physical damage to the Insured Equipment and/or such damage cause’s equipment to stop working.
h. Fails to work because accidentally fluid has entered its internal circuitry, resulting into stoppage of the insured equipment.
i. Burglary including Theft and Housebreaking
j. Stolen from a locked building/room/vehicle.
k. Fire, lightening and explosion.
l. Act of god perils
m. Damage or theft during riot, strike & malicious damage.
n. Insured will not be eligible for any compensation, for any loss or damage to accessories and panels even if forming a part of standard pack or to any complimentary or ancillary product/s, made available.
o. Territorial Limit will be India only.
12. Beyond scope:
a. Equipment purchased after promotional period
b. Insurance Plan Discontinued since promotional period is over
c. Unlawful Act Including Terrorist Activity
d. More Than 12 Months
e. Consequential Costs & Wear and Tear
f. Loss for example Forgotten /Simple Lost, etc
g. Not Connected to Network SIM services
h. Loss, such as lost, forgotten/misplaced/left unattended, missing, fallen and any loss under mysterious circumstances.
i. Loss resulting from or caused by theft, or attempted theft of insured equipment, left in unattended vehicle or room except car of fully enclosed saloon type or room, having at the time all the doors/windows and other opening securely locked and properly fastened.
j. Loss due to Intentional act or wilful neglect.
k. Loss arising after 12 month from date of purchase.
l. Any loss due to hire or loan of the insured equipment to a third party or if ownership is transferred.
m. Loss arising due to unlawful act including Terrorist activity, War, Nuclear Explosion, Radioactive Contamination, Chemical, Biochemical, Biological, Electromagnetic, Cyber Attack etc.
n. Any loss if the insured equipment is not connected to any cellular network of service provider.
o. Consequential loss of any kind or description including wear & tear, manufacturing defects etc.
p. Loss caused by incorrect storage, poor care and maintenance, careless use, gross negligence, incorrect installation and incorrect set-up.
q. Loss covered by supplier, dealer or factory warranty.
r. Any loss of data or software installed in the equipment.
s. Any loss arising outside the territorial limits of India.
t. Any loss which is cosmetic in nature and does not result in to complete stoppage of/or functioning of equipment.
u. Any loss effecting to SIM card and any ancillary product etc even if the equipment result into complete stoppage of working.
13. Excess and Depreciation:
a. Excess - Handsets - 5% of the Claim Value, or INR 300, whichever is more
b. Depreciation – Invoice value
14. Online claims process
22. Theft Category –
23. Damage Category –
24. Contact points for Claims
c. In case pick up facility is not available UIB shall guide you further course to either obtain cashless or mail in benefit or such suitable mode of service.
d. All claim related documents or correspondence need to be submitted to Universal Insurance Brokers Services Pvt. Ltd (UIB) in Duplicate i.e. Original claim document/s with one additional photo copy of all original claim document/s.
e. Note: Original Documents shall be retained by insurer at the time of claim and shall not be returned to the insured/claimant.
f. For claim guidance or assistance and claim related issues, beneficiary can contact Insurer/UIB. Insured/Beneficiary can inform about the claim i.e. claim intimation, know their claim status and also get all other relevant information by calling on 022 – 4910 7910 or writing an email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by sending an SMS as “UIBSUPPORT (space) MPP (space) <mobile number> (on which customer wish to get reply from UIB) on 56767 e.g. UIBSUPPORT MPP 1234567890
g. Please refer http://mpp.universalinsurance.co.in/asha501.aspx to view or download for all insurance claims related documents, and to obtain information regards to policy terms & condition visit www.nokia.co.in/asha501.
25. This insurance policy is valid only if make and model of the insured equipment is Nokia.
26. Insurance is subject matter of solicitation.